WNYMuslims is looking for a dynamic person with qualified organizational and communication skills to join our team. The current position is part-time (25-30 hours week) for a Community Outreach Representative.
WNYMuslims is a community based organization that serves Western New York by creating awareness, encouraging diversity, and providing service. Our mission is to empower Muslims and non-Muslims to voice, connect, and contribute by utilizing creative media. Please read below for more information.
- Experience in business, communications, sales, public relations, and public speaking
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate and interact with individuals at all levels internally and externally with strong command of the English language
- Entrepreneurial drive and exceptional work ethic coupled with outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be outgoing and mature
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Must be responsible and have reliable transportation
- Must have a flexible schedule and the availability to work on evenings and weekends
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize
The Community Outreach Representative will:
- Serve as a community liaison between the organization and Western New York Muslim Community.
- Raise awareness about the organization, WNYMuslims with various people and organizations in the community
- Promote events in the WNY community through various platforms
- Attend events and community gatherings to build relationships with the members of the community and actively recruit and engage potential volunteers.
- Manage email accounts and social media
- Establish beneficial partnerships for the organization with other various diverse community organizations
- Assign, train and oversee interns/volunteers with major projects
- Execute cold calls, emails, mailings, and visits to local businesses regarding sponsorships and donations
- Develop the organization’s promotion and presentation tools
- Design, coordinate, and implement community outreach and fundraising initiatives
Please email a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com.[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Careers’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Position Applying For’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]