HEAL International is a local nonprofit that provides services for refugees and immigrants in the West side. They currently, have a position open for Executive Director, to learn about what this position offers click here, or view the below description.
Executive Director- HEAL International
We invite applications for the position of Executive Director of Heal International. While reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for HEAL International’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission to serve Buffalo’s refugee community.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and experience in a nonprofit leadership role, preferably providing services for immigrants or low-income clients. A demonstrated ability to engage in successful fund development, grant writing and budget management. Cross cultural competence and a deep understanding of the refugee experience is helpful.
The Executive Director will:
- With the Board of Directors, lead the organization in defining its overall vision, mission, and goals/strategies.
- Assure the overall effectiveness, quality and impact of current and future programs.
- Assure the organization raises the needed funds to run effectively, to manage its resources soundly and efficiently, and to plan for future financial needs.
- Maintain and enhance the organization’s overall public image, reputation, and key relationships, including those with elected officials, government agencies, funders, community service providers and refugee/ immigrant communities.
- Share accountability with the Board of Directors for the fiscal well-being of HEAL.
- Hire and supervise all staff. Lead, coach and develop staff and volunteers to promote an inclusive and welcoming environment that demonstrates competencies to serve people of diverse faiths, ethnicities and linguistic backgrounds.
- Actively engage Board members and support ongoing Board development.
Interested applicants should submit resume and cover letter to search consultant at: email@example.com by January 17, 2013.