Under these unprecedentedly tough timing WNYMuslims is try its best to update the community to keep it safe and prepared a video to keep the community informed, please click here to watch the vdo. As outbreaks of the coronavirus spread throughout the world, people are reminded over and again to practice the following periodically:
Reminders for the community:
1. If you are sick or older than 60 years, avoid public gathering.
2. Seek immediate professional medical treatment for breathing problems, fever, or flu-like symptoms
3. Wash hands frequently, avoid touching one’s own face, and regularly disinfect commonly touched surfaces.
4. Observe Social distancing – Avoid shaking hands, hugging, kissing and keep a safe distance (about 6 feet or 2 meters) from others.
5. Avoid crowded places and limit your activities in public.
Some important links are given below;
Joint Statement From the National Muslim Task Force on COVID-19 Regarding the Global Coronavirus Pandemic
Assembly of Muslim Jurists of America (AMJA) Declaration Regarding Suspension of Friday Prayer
Joint Statement by he Islamic Medical Association of North America (IMANA), American Muslim Health Professionals (AMHP), Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) and Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA)
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
NY State Department of Health
Erie County, NY Department of Health