Submit resumes immediately!!!!
Opportunity Corp Community Outreach Specialist 2013/2014
Organization Summary: Our vision at ACCESS of WNY, Inc. is to empower families and youth to lead informed, productive, and fulfilling lives by providing vital tools and services. As well as to assist the Arab immigrant population adapt to life in America, while preserving our heritage and sharing it with our fellow friends and neighbors in hopes of creating flourishing bonds and bridges. Since its inception, ACCESS of WNY, INC. board members and volunteers have been working diligently on a strategic plan to provide the community with vital services.
Position Summary: Opportunity Corps member will work with both the Social Services and Youth Departments in assisting and conducting client intake and assisting clients with basic social service needs: I.e. Medicaid, translations and interpretations, public assistance situations, and financial literacy.
Essential Functions: Members will be required to assist and manage with the following:
- Assist with social services; fill out applications, schedule appointments, conduct follow up calls to clients.
- Maintain client files, and abide by organization privacy rules and restrictions.
- Keep a log of clients.
- Assisting clients how to use financial institutions
- Assisting clients in achieving financial goals
- Tutor students individually or in small groups.
- Recruit youth from community for program participation and community projects.
- Assist with coordination of summer youth program.
- Assist with administrative needs of the Social Service Department.
- Meet with executive board monthly and give feedback regarding their department, submit monthly reports.
Proficiencies/Critical Skills: Oral/Written and communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, problem solving, computer proficient, Bilingual (Arabic, English).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, national or lawful permanent resident alien
- Able to provide the following documentation: birth certification, driver’s license or state photo ID, social security card and high school diploma or college degree
- Must undergo a national criminal history check “Required”
- High School diploma or higher degree
- High School diploma
- Two/four year degree preferred; or equivalent experience
- Yearly stipend, paid bi-weekly to Opportunity Corps member
- Health insurance and child care offered to full-time Opportunity Corps members
- Professional trainings, orientation and continuous member support
- Loan forbearance
- Education award to be used by recipient to pay qualified student loans and /or education expenses incurred at a higher education institution of the member’s choice.
Please contact Access @332-5901 for additional info, make attention to Muna Munassar